Proposing Soon? I Can Help.
IS IT TIME FOR A CUSTOM ENGAGEMENT RING?
Now it gets exciting! If you are thinking that the time has come to create a custom engagement ring then I can surely help make it a reality for you. I am very good at my job and my job is telling your story though my jewellery. I help make the custom process simple and easy, all the while creating a ring that is truly made for you both. Don't take my word for it...read the heartfelt testimonials from my some of my clients here. In my world, there are a few ways to pop the question so if you know for sure that you want to propose with the actual ring read on!
When I meet someone for the first time we chat about things like ring design, materials, timeline and budget. Questions like this:
- Is the ring a surprise?
- Have you gotten any input on design or stone preferences?
- Do you have any existing metal or stones to re-use in a new ring?
- Do you know the ring size?
Here's my disclaimer right off the bat! With a custom engagement ring, unless you have chosen a ring already made from my showcases, it is non-returnable as well as the deposit. As scary as that sounds it is because I am creating your ring with materials specifically for your project, materials I otherwise might not appeal to another client in a timely manner. I create one ring at a time and source materials as needed.
Now, non-returnable does not mean you have no recourse if you haven't nailed the design. I simply mean I cannot refund your money because the design wasn't what they were hoping for. What I most certainly can do, for an additional cost, is re-work the design, metal and gemstones into a new ring that is 100% what they want.
If it is a surprise there are a few things you may not know like the ring size (see here for how to get it) or design preference. If you know then that will have been the best news I would have heard all day. Next step, we design the ring together, select the best stone(s) for the ring, I make it and voila it is ready for you to present. If you don't know, here is how I can make it easier for you.
MAKING IT EASIER
Here is what's possible:
- You both come together to chat about design ideas & stone preference, I make it, it is perfect, you are both happy!
- You know what you want but aren't sure it is what they want. We design it together and I make it in sterling silver and CZ and you present it with minimal cost. If all good then we make it for real. A sterling silver sample ring can be made for $395 (you propose with said sample ring and is worn until the real ring is ready). The sample can be returned for a for a $200 credit that can be used towards the real ring. It is here that we can also make changes to ensure the design is exactly what they want.
- You have an idea but are not sure if they will love it as you hope, you select a sample ring from my case and present it. If they love it because it comes from you, but would rather have a different ring then the three of us meet and together design the perfect ring and find the perfect stone. I give you a place holder ring until the new ring is ready and create the new ring they they really love.
- You have no idea what to do for a design. I source a stone, put it in a nice box, you present it and you both come in together to design the perfect ring. It's this case where the stone has only been presented and not been set into a ring, it remains totally exchangeable for a different stone. Once a stone has been set I am not easily able to return it to my supplier unless it is to upgrade to a larger stone.
I was #4 (my ring is the over there to the left). My husband Paul, proposed on the beach in Florida where I grew up. After wracking his brains to figure out what I would want as a ring design he gave up trying to figure it out and turned to the experts - Us.
With the guidance of my best friend and studio-mate, he decided on an Oval Diamond of 0.68cts and left the rest up to me, I LOVED the stone and the fact he knew enough to let me do it myself.
So off I went and made my own engagement and wedding rings and I literally, wouldn't have it any other way. I ended up pairing it with a diamond eternity ring and made both my rings using 14k Palladium White Gold. Still in LOVE with them after 9 years!!!
Thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions or ideas don't hesitate to ask. Get in touch, I am here to help!